Monday, May 14, 2007

Wendy tagged me....

I've never been tagged before, so this is fun. I'm doing this with a 100+ temp, but I'm an old warhorse, and it takes a lot to keep me down. :-)

I had to come up with seven (7) random facts about myself.

I am the grand-daughter of Justin L. Williams. He passed a bit ago, but he was a bridge (cards) and hunting campion of L.L. Bean himself. My grampy also introduced L.L. to the duck call(s) that eventually became a part of their line. He was also a tester for the popular Maine Hunting Boot.

My oldest son was a competitive gymnast for SEVERAL years. I was trained as a USAG Jr. Olympic Men's Gymnastics Judge, but I never pursued it. Should have though...it's good money for a weekend's worth of work.

I went to school to become a Computer Network Engineer. I was on the college's honor society, but I didn't pursue that as my career as I'm more of a free spirit than that. I want to create. I am a substitue teacher at Calvary Baptist Academy in central IL.

I am a Christian women who abolutely loves my Lord! I think more of Him than I do myself. I sincerely feel sorry for those who don't have a relationship with Him. I can't imagine going through my life not acknowleging and loving Him.

My mother went to grade school with thrill author Stephen King. Also, the Danny in the book Carrie is based on my cousin Danny Patrick....my mother's maternal 1st cousin. And Mabel (Birdie) Marston in Salem's Lot is based on my mom and Danny's aunt.

I LOVE to create. I am particularly fond of knitting and crocheting. I sell on eBay and Etsy, as well as my website.

I am a heart patient. I had open-heart surgery when I was seven (7) yrs old in Portland, ME. I had a coarctation of the Aorta. I do have to take blood pressure meds, but other than that it gives me no problems at all. Not even my Mitro-Valve Prolapse.

I'm tagging
Get Carried Away
The Pink Cottage
My Little Cuddlebugs
Happy House Quilts
Fiddle Stitches
Seaside Quilts
Trendy Tatters
One Girlie Girl
Now they have to come up with seven random things about themselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I'll be adding my 7 in a minute. Nice learning more about you. That's neat that Stephen King worte about your family and you could be a judge for competitions.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

I too have a relationship with Jesus. Since having children I see Him active in my life daily. It's truely a miracle! Blessings to you for sharing His name!

5:32 AM  
Blogger SeasideQuilts said...

It was really fun reading all of your facts!

I just posted mine

http://www.seasidequilts.com/blog

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home