Monday, June 04, 2007

MP3s, big-hair bands, and contemporary Christian

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, but I plug my MP3 player into my laptop as I work, 'pute, and surf. I don't use headphones, and I sing out loud, people.

My husband got me both eletronic gadgets, but I REALLY love the MP3 player. Got it for my birthday in January. My 15 yr old son showed me where to get music, and off I went loading music. What a trip down memory lane that was! I went to high school in the early 80's, and was really into big-hair bands and 80's rock in general. I have to admit that I still am. Winger, Slaughter, Def Leppard, Aldo Nova, Nick Kershaw, the Astley brothers (seperately), and on it goes. I have some current and 90's rock mixed in for good measure.

Then there is my contemporary Christian music. I love the old hymns, but I think the contemporary music is great for getting the kids interested in church and religion. And I'm all for that. In fact, my above-mentioned son plays guitar for our church's youth band. He's such a rebel, but at least he has a cause.

I just love music....most all kinds. And I love to sing. I don't sing too badly either. I still won't join the choir at church, but here in my livingroom alone with the cat curled up next to me is ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home